Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mojave install was working fine until yesterday.

I could get to the login screen, but after entering my password, the screen stays black with only the mouse cursor. I was succesful with restoring to high-Sierra. On second attempt to reinstall Mojave, it was unsuccessful being stuck on the last stage with the  screen and progress bar install for half a day. Will try to do another recover. Any suggestion?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 8, 2018 2:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2018 3:13 AM

I gave up after trying, so I did a clean install of HighSierra. I tried restoring my backup from the TimeMachine, but that gave me an error, too. I finally installed Mojave by first partitioning the SSD as separate OS. I did this in case my upgraded HighSierra crapped out again, which had me create this thread in the first place. I'm not sure, but possibly the code in my first attempt at upgrading HighSierra was incompatible with the Mojave build. Next, I upgraded HighSierra to Mojave. Then, I deleted the Mojave partition. Things are working fine so far.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2018 3:13 AM in response to PRP_53

I gave up after trying, so I did a clean install of HighSierra. I tried restoring my backup from the TimeMachine, but that gave me an error, too. I finally installed Mojave by first partitioning the SSD as separate OS. I did this in case my upgraded HighSierra crapped out again, which had me create this thread in the first place. I'm not sure, but possibly the code in my first attempt at upgrading HighSierra was incompatible with the Mojave build. Next, I upgraded HighSierra to Mojave. Then, I deleted the Mojave partition. Things are working fine so far.

My Mojave install was working fine until yesterday.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.