Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edit Key Photo on Mac, not iPhone

Re: Change the key photo in a live photo on Photos app on a Mac

The above response appears to answer this question, yet when I go into the Editor, I can't find the option to insure I am in "Live" mode, as described. I'm on Photos 3 in High Sierra - what am I missing?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Oct 8, 2018 9:21 AM

9 replies

Oct 8, 2018 10:24 AM in response to rrkeagy

Transfered automatically via Photo Stream

That is the problem. My Photo Stream cannot transfer videos, so it only transfers the still frame of the Live Photos and they arrive as stiff frames, no longer live, because the video clip is missing.

Download the Live Photos by connecting the iPhone to a USB port, if you still have them on the iPhone.

Oct 8, 2018 1:06 PM in response to rrkeagy

Good luck!

You may need to delete the still frames of the photos you transferred by my Photo Stream, before you import the live photos again. Otherwise Photos may not be able to import the still frame and the video clip paired as a live photo, if it sees the still frame as a duplicate already in the library.

Edit Key Photo on Mac, not iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.