Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Record voice from my bluetooth earphones on the Voice Memo app iOS 12

Hi, how to record voice from my bluetooth earphones on the Voice Memo app iOS 12? This facility was available in the version previous to iOS 12, where one could choose the audio source, but it seems this has been removed in iOS 12.

iPhone 7, iOS 12, Voice Memo Bluetooth recording

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2018 9:57 AM

Hey sridhar77,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communites! It looks like you're wanting to use the microphone on your Bluetooth earphones when screen recording. I can help with this.

When you're screen recording, try pressing deeply on the screen recording icon to show the option to turn on the microphone to record your voice. Here's more info on this:

Press deeply on User uploaded file and tap Microphone.

See all septs here: How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2018 9:57 AM in response to sridhar77

Hey sridhar77,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communites! It looks like you're wanting to use the microphone on your Bluetooth earphones when screen recording. I can help with this.

When you're screen recording, try pressing deeply on the screen recording icon to show the option to turn on the microphone to record your voice. Here's more info on this:

Press deeply on User uploaded file and tap Microphone.

See all septs here: How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care!

Oct 16, 2018 11:04 AM in response to sridhar77

Hey sridhar77 ,

Thanks for following up with that screenshot! Voice Memos should detect the Bluetooth mic and use it instead of the internal microphone on the iPhone.

If you haven't tried restarting, try that now: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the Bluetooth microphone still isn't working, try unpairing and pairing the Bluetooth earphones again. Here's the steps to unpair:

Unpair a Bluetooth accessory

To unpair a Bluetooth accessory, tap Settings > Bluetooth, find the device you want to unpair, and tap User uploaded file , then Forget this Device.

When you Forget this Device on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, that accessory is removed from the list of available Bluetooth devices. To add the Bluetooth accessory to your device again, place it back in discovery mode and repeat the steps above to pair it again.

Once unpaired, if you need the steps to pair again, you can find them here: Pair a third-party Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Have a good one.

Record voice from my bluetooth earphones on the Voice Memo app iOS 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.