Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music verification

My apple device has broken and I am now using an android phone although I cannot receive a verification code for Apple music. It says the code would be sent to my trusted device. How can I receive a code via my mobile number?

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 2:49 PM

You would have had to set up a Trusted Number for your Mobile device in order to use it to receive a Verification Code. Two-Factor Authentication has both Trusted Numbers (which can be any phone number that you can receive a message or phone call for, including someone who you trust, like your Mom's landline number, or your spouses mobile number), and Trusted Devices. Trusted Devices are any device that you have already signed into iCloud.

If the only Trusted Phone Number and Trusted Device that you have on your Apple account (Apple - My Apple ID), and you cannot get a verification code there, you can try going to the site linked above on a computer that you are already signed into to see if you have the option to sign in and trust the device you are signing in on. If you can trust the device, then you should also be sent a verification code to that computer.

If you cannot sign into your Apple account that way, you will probably have to use Account Recovery to recover access to your Apple account so you can set up additional numbers (note that first part of the instructions in this article explain how ou can reset your password using the Find My iPhone app, so that may be an option you can use to avoid going through the recovery process): Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password - Apple Support

Best of luck,

GB

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2018 2:49 PM in response to lisalaughsalot

You would have had to set up a Trusted Number for your Mobile device in order to use it to receive a Verification Code. Two-Factor Authentication has both Trusted Numbers (which can be any phone number that you can receive a message or phone call for, including someone who you trust, like your Mom's landline number, or your spouses mobile number), and Trusted Devices. Trusted Devices are any device that you have already signed into iCloud.

If the only Trusted Phone Number and Trusted Device that you have on your Apple account (Apple - My Apple ID), and you cannot get a verification code there, you can try going to the site linked above on a computer that you are already signed into to see if you have the option to sign in and trust the device you are signing in on. If you can trust the device, then you should also be sent a verification code to that computer.

If you cannot sign into your Apple account that way, you will probably have to use Account Recovery to recover access to your Apple account so you can set up additional numbers (note that first part of the instructions in this article explain how ou can reset your password using the Find My iPhone app, so that may be an option you can use to avoid going through the recovery process): Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password - Apple Support

Best of luck,

GB

apple music verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.