Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Service Has Wrong Issue for Repair?

Hi all,

I've recently contacted Apple support to prepare my iPhone 7 Plus for a battery replacement. It went very smoothly, but afterward, I went to check the status of my order. My order states that my phone repair is due to the issue of a cracked/damaged screen, but I've got an email confirming that it was in fact due to battery performance issues (what I've reported and what I'm confident it is). Is this just a small error with no impact on my order? I'm very worried this could affect the cost of repairs—I've read that if Apple does not actually find a noticeable error with the phone (in this case, a damaged screen) the diagnostic fee is pretty high. Here are screenshots I have of the order in my e-mail and Apple support, respectively.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you!

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.4

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 4:10 PM

Call Apple and ask - it could just be that whoever submitted the request chose the wrong category and they'll fix it right then for you. But, better to be safe than sorry!

~Lyssa

Similar questions

3 replies

Apple Service Has Wrong Issue for Repair?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.