Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does applecare+ covers the graphics card?

I've been trying to figure out if applecare+ covers the graphics card, or other hardware that is not made by apple.

I think I red somewhere that, for that kind of hardware you get only the one year guaranty.

Moreover I would like to make sure that applecare+ is word wide for Mac Book's.

Thank you

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Oct 10, 2018 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 1:24 AM

Hi, Freedmzone

If you are asking what I think you are asking, then I will answer thusly: if it was attached to your Mac right out of the box, then it would be fully covered by AppleCare+ no matter who 'made' it. For example, a video card made by AMD for Apple and being part of the logic board of the MacBook Pro is covered by AppleCare+ for the full three years from the date of purchase.

Moving on, no - AppleCare+ is NOT universal. There are some subtle and not-so-subtle restrictions depending upon the country in which you seek to make the AppleCare+ claim. For the best, most up-to-date information please telephone or chat with Apple to find out what best fits your circumstances.

Have a great day, and I hope this helps you!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2018 1:24 AM in response to freedomzone

Hi, Freedmzone

If you are asking what I think you are asking, then I will answer thusly: if it was attached to your Mac right out of the box, then it would be fully covered by AppleCare+ no matter who 'made' it. For example, a video card made by AMD for Apple and being part of the logic board of the MacBook Pro is covered by AppleCare+ for the full three years from the date of purchase.

Moving on, no - AppleCare+ is NOT universal. There are some subtle and not-so-subtle restrictions depending upon the country in which you seek to make the AppleCare+ claim. For the best, most up-to-date information please telephone or chat with Apple to find out what best fits your circumstances.

Have a great day, and I hope this helps you!

Oct 12, 2018 1:24 AM in response to freedomzone

I've been trying to figure out if applecare+ covers the graphics card,

No MacBook Pro has ever had a "graphics card." The video harware has always been intergral with and soldered to the logic board. The set of components are from AMD and nVidea but are considered part of the logic board. The logic board is covered under AppleCare.

To find more about worldwide waranty coverage please see this Apple web page:

Legal - Hardware Warranties - Apple

Does applecare+ covers the graphics card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.