You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music device limit

My Apple Music our of nowhere stopped playing. I went to check why and it said that I have reached my device limit but the only device I have it on is my iPhone. It said that I started to play Apple Music on my other devices, but I didn’t set it up or even play any music from my other devices??

Posted on Oct 10, 2018 6:37 PM

1 reply

Oct 11, 2018 5:43 PM in response to Jwundrack

Hello Jwundrack,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like other devices are using your Apple ID and are being used to play Apple Music. One thing you can do is to remove the association of the Apple ID from iTunes for the other devices. If you never used the Apple ID with other devices, it is possible the Apple ID is being used, the second article may help.

View or remove your associated devices on a Mac or PC

To automatically open iTunes and sign in to your Account Information page from your computer, click this link: View My Account. Or follow these steps:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account.
    User uploaded file
  4. Enter your password, then press the Return or Enter key on your keyboard, or click View Account.
  5. Scroll to the iTunes in the Cloud section, then click Manage Devices. If none of your devices are associated with your Apple ID, you won't see this section.

View and remove your associated devices in iTunes

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

​​
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Apple Music device limit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.