Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failed installation of MacOS Mojave from bootable drive after erasing Macintosh HD in disk recovery mode.

Product: iMac late 2017, 5K model, i5 with 24GB RAM, 8GB gpu.

Operating system: High Sierra

I cannot update to Mojave automatically due to failure to verify startup disk.

I downloaded the installer and created a bootable USB. I erased by Macintosh HD in the disk recovery mode and tried to reinstall MacOS. I run into the same problem, being unable to verify the disk.

Any thoughts to what I should do? I'm currently backing up from time machine in the mean time.

iMac with Retina 5K display, Other OS

Posted on Oct 11, 2018 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2018 11:22 AM

Repair the Drive for El Capitan or Later

1. Restart the computer and after the chime hold down the Command and R keys until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and press the Continue button.
  3. Then select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list.
  4. Click on the First Aid tab in the toolbar and wait for the Done button to activate. Click on it, then quit Disk Utility.
  5. Select Restart from the Apple menu.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2018 11:22 AM in response to SkyEyePravin

Repair the Drive for El Capitan or Later

1. Restart the computer and after the chime hold down the Command and R keys until the Utility Menu appears.
  2. Select Disk Utility and press the Continue button.
  3. Then select the indented (usually, Macintosh HD) volume entry from the side list.
  4. Click on the First Aid tab in the toolbar and wait for the Done button to activate. Click on it, then quit Disk Utility.
  5. Select Restart from the Apple menu.

Failed installation of MacOS Mojave from bootable drive after erasing Macintosh HD in disk recovery mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.