Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing Video issues

I have home sharing enabled in iTunes (Mojave 10.14 / iTunes 12.9.0.164) and can access all video content via the TV app on both my iPad's (IOS 12.0.1) including iTunes purchased videos.

When i connect to my home sharing from my iPhone XS Max (IOS 12.0.1) via the TV app, if i try and watch any of my purchased video content i get a 'Cannot Open - The content is not authorised' message.

I have tried signing in and out of iCloud and home sharing both in music and TV on my iPhone and also signed out on my iTunes account.

I have checked the home sharing account is the same (i can watch non purchased content fine anyway via home sharing so don't think this is the issue.)

I have checked the iTunes account of the purchased content and this is the same one i am using on my iPhone.

I can see and watch the purchased video content fine via Movies in the TV app, so it's something to do with watching the purchased content via home sharing.

I can see my iPhone in my iTunes account under my devices associated with this Apple ID and can download purchases from iTunes in the Cloud.

I'm on the same WiFi Network.

I've tried syncing a purchased video to my iPhone which worked fine but didn't solve the home sharing issue.

I have tried uninstalling the TV app on my iPhone.

Any more ideas of what to try???? Or any suggestions of why this isn't working?

iPhone Xs Max, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 3:41 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Home Sharing Video issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.