Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Siri Remote to adjust volume on TCL Roku TV

I banged my head on the wall for a while, but I finally figured this out. The remote that comes with the TV communicates via RF (Wifi?) to the TV, but will fall back to IR if it has to. What worked for me was to unplug the TCL TV from power, which breaks the RF link to the remote. Connect your Apple TV to another TV with an HDMI port so that you can see what the Apple TV is displaying.

(I still had my old TV, so that worked out. If you had to, you could just take your Apple TV, its remote, and the TCL remote to a friends house and use their TV. Also, when I plugged the Apple TV into my old set, it automatically turned off Dolby Vision and reduced the resolution down to what the old set could handle, so no need to worry about that.)

Now go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Volume Control > Learn New Device... and follow the instructions. Since the remote is now using IR to communicate, you'll easily be able to program the Apple TV.

I hope this helps somebody else.

Apple TV 4K, iOS 12.0.1, TCL Roku TV

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 1:27 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Using Siri Remote to adjust volume on TCL Roku TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.