Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound when playing songs in iTunes

I have no sound when playing music in iTunes. I have played video's without any problem and have tried shutting down and restarting my computer.

Posted on Oct 12, 2018 5:21 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 14, 2018 1:43 PM in response to simonefrommoranbah

Greetings simonefrommoranbah,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand you hear no audio while playing songs with iTunes on your Mac.

Let's have you review the following support article: iTunes for Mac: If you have trouble playing music or other audio

Specifically, let's have you review the following section:

If the progress bar at the top of the iTunes window is moving, but you don’t hear anything

• If you’re using your computer’s built-in speakers: Make sure the volume control at the top of the iTunes window isn’t turned down, and that your computer’s volume isn’t turned down (choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sound).

• If you’re using powered speakers connected to your computer: Make sure the powered speakers are properly plugged in to your computer’s audio port, plugged into a power source, and turned on. Also make sure their volume isn’t turned down.

• If you’re trying to listen to music through remote speakers using AirPort Express: Make sure the remote speakers are selected in the AirPlay pop-up menu User uploaded file at the top of the iTunes window, and the volume control on the speakers isn’t turned down.

Let me know how it goes from here.

Kind regards.

No sound when playing songs in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.