Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet Accounts freezes and fails to add Google Calendar account

I have seen few posts relating to this and found the only solution that seems to work (use 'Other accounts' instead of Google) only works for mail, I am looking to sync calendar with google.

Unlike other posts I've seen, I don't get a grey screen - the Internet accounts window simply freezes after I've entered account creds and pressed done:

User uploaded file

All other accounts add OK - and my calendar has been syncing successfully for years until recently, i am currently on Sierra 10.12.6.

I've already tried these steps but no change:

• Deleting the original account and adding anew - but the bug resulted in me losing the original account.
  • Changing Google setting to allow less secure apps
  • Changing Google setting to
  • Deleting Google files in keychain

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 9:54 AM

Thank you.

I set a new user account and it worked fine. Restarted Mac and now worked for my main admin account too. So issue resolved I think. FYI - not the first time I'd restarted the Mac so puzzled as to why it worked this time...

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 14, 2018 6:57 AM in response to Gregster

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

Safe Mode - About

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Another possibility is a corrupt .plist.

Do a backup, preferably 2 backups on 2 separate drives.

Quit System Preferences.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Then go to Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist. Move the .plist to your desktop.

Restart the computer, open the application, and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

If the application is the same, return the .plist to where you got it from, overwriting the newer one.

Thanks to leonie for some information contained in this.

Internet Accounts freezes and fails to add Google Calendar account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.