You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to wipe iphone which battery has died and transferred to other iphone before

I have used a new iphone (and transferred my simcard from the old one to the new one). The old phone i used is 5s series and iOS 10 something. The transfer works well (i just sign in to my apple ID, same one ID i used on my old phone).

However before i could wipe the old phone, the phone died. I couldn’t turn it on. The battery didn’t charged either.

in this case, how can i wipe my old phone? And i wish my new phone is not affected.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 7:23 AM

1 reply

Oct 15, 2018 7:50 PM in response to ranvenice

Hi there, ranvenice!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that you're wanting to erase your data from an old iPhone, but it will not power on or charge. I'm happy to help!

In order to erase your data from the iPhone, we need to focus on getting the iPhone to power on. To do that, follow the steps outlined in If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support .

If you're able to get the phone back on, you can then follow the steps in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support to make sure that not only is your data removed, but that your accounts are signed out and Find My iPhone Activation Lock is no longer enabled.

Have a wonderful day!

How to wipe iphone which battery has died and transferred to other iphone before

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.