Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Media Missing in FCP X Timeline

I moved an XML file from Adobe Premiere Pro to FCP X. When I load my main project into the Timeline, most of the clips do not show (i.e., the video is black.) When I click on a clip and the click on the Location in the file properties section, FCP finds it right away and I can watch the clip in the finder window that appears. I've tried relinking the file, but it still does not show in the Timeline. Any idea how I can make the clip show in the Timeline?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 14, 2018 11:02 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Oct 17, 2018 8:49 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Do you think the extra dot in the file name has anything to do with it? For example, the file name for the media file above is 1_1.6.mov . Would it be a worth it and/or a potential problem to rename the file 1_1_6.mov and then relink? I ask because many of the files that do show do not have extra dots in the file name (e.g., David_walks.mov).

Media Missing in FCP X Timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.