Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth icon not showing on iPhone

I think since updating to the newest iOS, there has been no icon in the menu bar to show that my Bluetooth is turned on. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

Posted on Oct 15, 2018 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2018 10:34 AM

SongMom8 wrote:

I think since updating to the newest iOS, there has been no icon in the menu bar to show that my Bluetooth is turned on. Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

That is by design with the new update, if you're connected to headphone, you'll see an headphone icon.. Not sure what the icon is if you connect to your car.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2018 10:34 AM in response to SongMom8

SongMom8 wrote:

That is by design with the new update, if you're connected to headphone, you'll see an headphone icon.. Not sure what the icon is if you connect to your car.

Oct 15, 2018 10:34 AM in response to SongMom8

That's correct. It's by design. It was removed. It served very little purpose as it did not differentiate between being connected to a bluetooth device, and not being connected. It only indicated that bluetooth was enabled, and since there is very little reason to disable bluetooth (doing so does NOT save battery power), it's presence was deemed unnecessary.

Bluetooth icon not showing on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.