Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removed Spectrum WiFi profile, but am still automatically joining their networks even though I don't want to

Here's what's happening:

• I installed the Spectrum profile (note it will connect you to any one of Spectrum's 7 wifi networks)
  • I connected to the secure Spectrum wifi network (SpectrumWiFi Plus) using my Spectrum credentials
  • Their WiFi is really slow, so I no longer wanted to connect to it
  • I removed the Spectrum profile
  • My phone is still connecting to any Spectrum WiFi network (successfully...apparently it remembers my credentials even though I removed the profile)
    • Note there is no "forget this network" option appearing for those networks
    • And "auto join" is off for those networks
  • I tried resetting my network settings and that didn't help
  • I called Spectrum and they told me to reset my whole phone, that it was a hardware issue that they had nothing to do with. I find this suspicious as theirs is the only Profile this has ever happened with.
  • I have not reset my whole phone yet as I would like to avoid that hassle.

So, now, what do I do? How do I get Spectrum to stop connecting (or trying to connect)???

iPhone XS, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 15, 2018 6:50 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Removed Spectrum WiFi profile, but am still automatically joining their networks even though I don't want to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.