Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MainStage 3.4 layers issue

Hi Guys -- The new 3.4 update is really surprising me with some bugs. I haven't had any issues with a MainStage update since Spring 2012, and this update is making a real mess of several of my patches. Specifically a few of my patches that have numerous LAYERS and/or SPLITS in the keyboard -- some layers are NOT playing and also may not be visible in the Layer Editor. SOLUTION (so far it has worked): When I open the Layer Editor, then select the CHANNEL STRIP of non-playing layer in the Channel Strip Window, the missing layer then appeared in the Layer Editor window, then I adjusted the range of that layer up/down and then returned it to its desired location. Mysteriously, the layer then started working as normal again. Very frustrating and frankly alarming since I have shows coming up this weekend and I'm not 100% confident my MainStage concert is stable.

MainStage, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 17, 2018 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2018 11:00 AM

OK -- after some experimentation I'm finding that simply CLICKING ON (selecting) the non-working layer(s)' CHANNEL STRIP in the Channel Strips window is "waking up" the non-working layers. Then that patch works for performance. Unfortunately, if I save then quit and re-open the file, I have to repeat the above steps again the "wake up" non-working layers. I am also seeing major spikes in "energy impact" (in the Activity Monitor app) where the energy impact is over 500+ and the MacBook runs very hot/fan goes on high. MainStage is behaving like it's not optimized for Mojave despite it being an Apple product. MainStage 3.4 is in need of a patch with several bug fixes.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2018 11:00 AM in response to tencommandos

OK -- after some experimentation I'm finding that simply CLICKING ON (selecting) the non-working layer(s)' CHANNEL STRIP in the Channel Strips window is "waking up" the non-working layers. Then that patch works for performance. Unfortunately, if I save then quit and re-open the file, I have to repeat the above steps again the "wake up" non-working layers. I am also seeing major spikes in "energy impact" (in the Activity Monitor app) where the energy impact is over 500+ and the MacBook runs very hot/fan goes on high. MainStage is behaving like it's not optimized for Mojave despite it being an Apple product. MainStage 3.4 is in need of a patch with several bug fixes.

MainStage 3.4 layers issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.