Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 12.1 issues with LTE iPhone 8

I updated my iPhone 8, to iOS 12.1 Verizon is my cell carrier. Now I only get 3G, no LTE signal. Updated iOS on 17OCT2018

iPhone 8, iOS 12.0.1, Verizon cell carrier

Posted on Oct 17, 2018 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2018 10:29 AM

I tried a bunch of things to get LTE to work on my phone. Power off and on, no joy. Turn cellular data on and off multiple times, no dice. Moved to a different geographic area. Nope. There were no updates from my cell provider.

This seemed to work. I toggled the phone into airplane mode and then turned airplane mode off. Boom LTE is working now. It totally makes no sense!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2018 10:29 AM in response to parrothead82

I tried a bunch of things to get LTE to work on my phone. Power off and on, no joy. Turn cellular data on and off multiple times, no dice. Moved to a different geographic area. Nope. There were no updates from my cell provider.

This seemed to work. I toggled the phone into airplane mode and then turned airplane mode off. Boom LTE is working now. It totally makes no sense!

Nov 24, 2018 4:01 PM in response to parrothead82

I wish this worked for iOS 12.1 on my iPhone 6s on T-Mobile. My wife is on 12.0.1 and the LTE connection has been working super smoothly on her iPhone 6s, but mine is flaky! It's just there enough to make you think you've got something. But click on Amazon App? Nothing. Try hotspot? Nothing. It pretends it's connected to your laptop but it's not.

I don't know what's going on. It's been on 12.1 for a while but this weekend it just became unsuable even though I can still text and talk on the phone. But data is dead. I wonder if I'm throttled?

iOS 12.1 issues with LTE iPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.