Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost my last text in Word in my macbook

how do i get my last text back?

Posted on Oct 18, 2018 3:21 PM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2018 3:41 PM in response to zainabfromlinköping

This is from Word help menu for Office Word 2016

Recover files in Office for Mac

AutoRecover, a feature that is available in some Office applications, attempts to recover files automatically in the event of an application or system crash. It does this by periodically saving a copy of the file in the background. You can set how frequently these AutoRecover files are saved. For example, if you set AutoRecover to save every 5 minutes, you may recover more information in the event of unexpected shutdown — such as from a power outage — than if it's set to save every 10 or 15 minutes. By default, AutoRecover saves a recovery file every 10 minutes.

Important: Do not use AutoRecover as a substitute for regularly saving your files by clicking Save Save button .

Saving your files frequently is the best way to preserve your work.

If you manually save your file, the previous AutoRecover files are cleaned up because you've just saved your changes.

AutoSave is a different feature which automatically saves your file as you work - just like if you save the file manually - so that you don't have to worry about saving on the go. On the Mac, AutoSave is available in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint for Office 365 subscribers. When AutoSave is turned on AutoRecover files are rarely needed.

For more information see: What is AutoSave?

Find an automatically saved AutoRecover file

The next time that you open an application after a crash, the application should detect that an AutoRecover file exists and automatically open it. You can save it, and then continue working from where it leaves off.

Tip: It's best practice to immediately save your recovered file before you continue working to make sure your changes to that point are safely preserved.

If you want to manually find the AutoRecover files, they're in the AutoRecovery folder. You can find them in the Finder under "/Users/<username>/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Word/Data/Library/Preferenc es/AutoRecovery"

Note: If you close a file and click Don't Save, the AutoRecover file is cleaned up and deleted because Office assumes that everything is ok and you're closing normally.

Lost my last text in Word in my macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.