Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave Upgrade vmware fusion not working

Hi I just upgraded to Mojave.. I have a late 2013 Mac Book Pro and I use VMWare fusion 7.1.3 to run a work software program inside my Mac..(virtual window) after upgrading the VM is not working.. it is flashing as if a key is stuck on a part of the program that i run.. I have suspended the program, and restarted my mac.. but restarting it again it is still flashing and not allowing me to choose anything on the page..

Has anyone come across this problem after upgrading to Mojave?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), iOS 10.1

Posted on Oct 18, 2018 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 9:45 PM

Hi

as i said its solved.. when Apple migrated from the older OS to Mojave it did not transfer the setting that makes vmware fusion shareable.. so it was a simple fix of unlocking the security and privacy settings and ticking the box to make vmware fusion accessible. Yes its an old version but it is now working again.. perfectly on Mojave.. my son who works for Apple said it is probably a 'new security measure'. Having to use vmware fusion for my software program is a pain.. I only just upgraded from Windows 2000 to Windows 7... and will probably have to go to Windows 10 shortly so I can upgrade vmware fusion to 10 or 11. I wonder if v10 or v11 even work with Windows 7. If only my software would work on my mac without the need for vmware fusion... that is my dream...

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2018 9:45 PM in response to woodmeister50

Hi

as i said its solved.. when Apple migrated from the older OS to Mojave it did not transfer the setting that makes vmware fusion shareable.. so it was a simple fix of unlocking the security and privacy settings and ticking the box to make vmware fusion accessible. Yes its an old version but it is now working again.. perfectly on Mojave.. my son who works for Apple said it is probably a 'new security measure'. Having to use vmware fusion for my software program is a pain.. I only just upgraded from Windows 2000 to Windows 7... and will probably have to go to Windows 10 shortly so I can upgrade vmware fusion to 10 or 11. I wonder if v10 or v11 even work with Windows 7. If only my software would work on my mac without the need for vmware fusion... that is my dream...

Oct 19, 2018 4:41 AM in response to kaz-k

Hi Kaz-k I am not sure what you mean by your answer.. but I found this on a vmware blog site which fixed the problem... it pretty stupid Apple dont carry over the ability to use a program under one operating system to a new one... so if anyone else has it, this below worked for me....

There is something special for Mojave host, please check System Preferences ==>Security&Privacy==>Privacy==>Accessibility, make sure you have added Fusion into the list. Then please quit Fusion and restart it to see if it helps.

Mojave Upgrade vmware fusion not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.