Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

C’mon Apple deal with these pop ups

Safari is becoming more and more unuseable because of the unwanted pop adverts along the lines of ‘Congratulations google/ebay/amazon etc user - you have won whatever’

I’ve seen the so called solutions of clearing website data, clearing web content, turning on and off airplane mode. None of them work! I’ve even blocked the websites in the never allow field and this just seems to make the pop ups change address and also prevents access to the page where the pop up came from. AND you can’t edit them which is poor!

There is a significant risk that Apple products will become known for this issue and it WILL affect sales and the reputation of Apple’s business.

So Apple can you give us a workable solution to this issue or an IOS upgrade that deals with this please.

Posted on Oct 19, 2018 3:52 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 19, 2018 6:36 AM in response to elanfan

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner.

Click here to send Feedback

Safari – Popup takes over

Safari – Popup takes over (2)

Popup remover – Scam Zapper

Safari popups that won't go away

If the pop-up reloads, force quit Safari (command - option/alt - esc) and reopen with the shift key held down. If that doesn't work, disconnect from the Internet, go to Safari/History and delete the website. Quit and reopen with the shift key held down. Then reconnect to the Internet.

Safari -Tech support scam pop-ups

Oct 19, 2018 10:24 AM in response to Eric Root

This is on an iPad so doesn’t really help, sorry.

i have copied my whinge tovApplw via your link so maybe that’ll produce something.

These redirects which is what I suppose they are are really irritating as you lose the page you were previously on.

how do you edit Never Allow websites it doesn’t seem possible.

thanks so far.

C’mon Apple deal with these pop ups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.