Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Play Purchased Song

I have bought a lot of songs on iTunes over the years.

However, I purchased a song a few hours ago and cannot get it to play in iTunes. Each time I try playing this new song, I receive a dialogue box saying "This computer is not authorized" and I get prompted to input my iTunes email address and password.

So I type in my email address and password and a new dialogue box says "This computer had previously been authorized, it has been re-authorized". So I try to play the song which brings the login box back up where I'm asked to input my email address and password. Wash, rinse, repeat. The song never plays!

The weird part is items purchased previously in iTunes play like normal. There are no problems with playing songs/movies/TV shows/whatever purchased before today. Only this new song is exhibiting this problem.

iTunes Version: 12.9.0.167

Authorized Computers: One (which is the computer I'm using right now)

Windows 10

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 3:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 4:25 AM

Right-click on the song, click Remove Download from the context menu, then click the cloud icon to download a fresh copy.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Can't Play Purchased Song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.