Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can not see option button in front of keychain

I am using Mac OS Mojave 10.14 in my Mac I signed out from my Apple ID and password and signed in with Apple ID and password that was used in my daughters iOS device with latest update and upgrades ( her Apple ID and password were different ) .

Any how in both machines were synced , I remember I used secondary authentication id in my Mac and could always see option button in front of keychain ( when I click on system preferences - icloud ) .

Now after syncing what's the reason option button is not shown to be very sure the Apple ID is same used with secondary authentication and not 2FA .

macOS High Sierra (10.13.5)

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 2:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2018 9:31 AM

The option button will not show in front of keychain because when I I synced Mac with iOS device a code is generated over iOS I have to type that code in the field in iCloud Keychain in iOS and approve it .

So the keychain is approved from both iOS and Mac so simple .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2018 9:31 AM in response to tygb

The option button will not show in front of keychain because when I I synced Mac with iOS device a code is generated over iOS I have to type that code in the field in iCloud Keychain in iOS and approve it .

So the keychain is approved from both iOS and Mac so simple .

can not see option button in front of keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.