Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location of smb.conf in Mojave

I have a file sharing setup on my Mac Mini which is running MacOS 10.14. I write to this share from my Windows PC, the share is actually the documentRoot for Apache so I can test web pages running on my Mac. When I write the files from my Windows PC the _www user does not have rights to read the file. I have to go to my Mac and grant the permissions, rather annoying actually. I thought I had it figured out when I set the permissions for everyone to read only and I thought it would inherit those, that did not work. I believe the issue is Samba is configured with a create mask of 0027 or something like that.

I looked for smb.conf on the drive but could not find it. Did Apple change the name or move the configuration to a plist?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Tyson

Mac mini, macOS Mojave (10.14), 8GB RAM

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2018 11:35 AM

Add an access control list entry with the inherit items set? See the chmod command man page for details on the attributes and ACLs, and then web-search for some examples if yiu need those.). macos - How do I use chmod on a Mac to make new files inherit parent directory permissions? - Ask Different

More details: OS X Server: When saving files on SMB shares, the permissions might be changed so that only the owner can read or write …

I’ve not tried this on Mojave, though...

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2018 11:35 AM in response to JustTyson

Add an access control list entry with the inherit items set? See the chmod command man page for details on the attributes and ACLs, and then web-search for some examples if yiu need those.). macos - How do I use chmod on a Mac to make new files inherit parent directory permissions? - Ask Different

More details: OS X Server: When saving files on SMB shares, the permissions might be changed so that only the owner can read or write …

I’ve not tried this on Mojave, though...

Location of smb.conf in Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.