Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ME.COM EMAIL UNABLE TO SEND

I am unable to send any email through my me.com email account. This is on ALL my devices (iPad, iPhone and MacBook).

It appears to be an issue with the SMTP server and occurs regardless of whether i am on cellular or WiFi.

One sample message:

Connections to the server “p35-smtp.mail.me.com” on the default ports timed out.

There are hundreds and thousands of items on the internet for this and I have tried just about every solution offered. Sometimes it might actually send an email after I make a change but then the next time it just goes into timeout again. I have changed SMT server, I have re-entered passwords, I have signed out and re-entered my Apple ID, I have updated to Mojave.

Connection Doctor sometimes show the server as ok and sometimes not - it does not seem to make a difference.

When I edit SMTP server list the iCloud server is sometimes there and sometimes not.

This cannot only be me. Is it really possible that Apple does not know there is an issue?

Someone - PLEASE PLEASE help me. I would email Apple but I cannot send any emails. Duh.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 10:50 AM

Use icloud.com instead.

iCloud- Mail server settings for email clients

Similar questions

8 replies

ME.COM EMAIL UNABLE TO SEND

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.