Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting music from iphone

I synced my iphone to itunes, and ended up with duplicates of a lot of songs. I thought, as it says everything will be replaced, I would not end up with duplicates. Going through and deleting them one by one is nearly impossible. I attempted to delete all the songs on my iphone through settings (under storage), and only some of them were removed. I deleted all the songs manually through itunes, and now I am left with a lot of albums that still play, but have a cloud next to them to re-download. I want to get rid of these and start from nothing. My settings states there is no downloaded music on my phone, itunes says there is no music on my phone, but all this stuff is still there to be downloaded. I turned off icloud music library, i turned off apple music (which I don't have a subscription to anyway), i deleted the music app completely and redownloaded it and the albums are still there. Is the only way to get rid of them to delete the albums manually one by one on my iphone?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 1:17 PM

You could erase the device and set up as new.

Similar questions

1 reply

deleting music from iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.