Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 7 plus No Audio Device Found

I update my phone 12.0.1 then mic not working and i check voice memo and try to starting recording error show No audio device found.

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 4:09 PM

IOS 12.0.1 has made my phone virtually unusable. I've tried doing several types of resets (from network settings to the whole device) and it doesn't fix the issue. Sometimes I can make calls, other times I cannot hear anything and the receiver cannot hear me. Sometimes It only works through speaker, its very annoying!

97 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2018 4:09 PM in response to Ahtsham_sham

IOS 12.0.1 has made my phone virtually unusable. I've tried doing several types of resets (from network settings to the whole device) and it doesn't fix the issue. Sometimes I can make calls, other times I cannot hear anything and the receiver cannot hear me. Sometimes It only works through speaker, its very annoying!

Nov 5, 2018 11:19 AM in response to Ahtsham_sham

12.0.1 has broken my front facing microphone.

3 microphones on my model iphone. (6)

test:

1) bottom mic: use Voice Memo app to record.

2) selfie mic: use camera app / video / selfie mode to record a video.

3) world facing mic: use camera app / video / default mode to record a video.

#2 test resulted in a video, static audio and zero voice track.

#s 1&3 tests were normal.

Dec 12, 2018 9:48 AM in response to Ahtsham_sham

I started having the same problem with my iPhone 7 yesterday it's been updated to 12.0.1 and now I get the error that no audio device from the phone. I can't make or receive phone calls as they can't hear me and I can't hear them. I'm being told from apple the only option is to pay for a replacement where we don't have apple care. We own 4 iPhone 7's and all but 1 has had major issues. One of them is completely unusable.

Dec 12, 2018 10:13 AM in response to rtfletcher

It won't let me edit my original post. I spoke with a 3rd party repair service who we've used in the past. It's the audio IC that has went bad I'm told. The cost will be approximately $125. From reading this problem is something apple was repairing for free for phones out of warranty up until July of this year. Now people are told they'll have to replace the phone.

Jan 1, 2019 1:27 PM in response to davonta112

Audio device (microphone but not speakers) suddenly stopped working with IOS version 12.1.2. Update also affected camera functions, music playback (headphones won't work through jack) and, interestingly, text messaging (as often as not texts do not get through either way). Have tried all resets (including factory) but problem persists. Can a bloody IOS update actually have fried my hardware?

Jan 2, 2019 4:01 AM in response to Sundet81

ALL THIS!!!

Following problems after updating with iOS 12.1.2 for Iphone 7 :

-Can’t hear anything nor can anyone hear me when calling

-can’t send Whatsapp voicenote

-can't record Voicememo

-Selfie and outward mic doesn’t work when making a video

- Iphone is super slow/glitches

-Cant even allow me to use speaker option while calling

Yet speaker works when listening to music and voicenotes

This has nothing to do with me but with the new update!

They need to fix this!!!!

Jan 3, 2019 5:12 PM in response to Ahtsham_sham

I too am having this exact same problem. Not being able to hear people when making calls, nor can they hear me. The speaker icon is greyed out. I can hear music coming from my speakers, but phone is not working.

I have tried doing the reset all settings (The one that doesn't clear all data and media).

I am currently about to result to restoring my iphone to factory defaults. However, I have a lot of information on my phone and don't do a great job about backing it up.

The problem recently ocurred after i accidentally installed the new IOS 12.1.2 update. I had to spend all day with my phone not working properly, replying in a text back to people calling me saying, "Sorry my iphone is messed and I can't hear you". Extremely unproductive.

@Apple Support. Please get this resolved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 8, 2019 1:18 PM in response to Ashaleev

I too have had this issue since updating to 12.1.2, could not make or receive calls, voice memo not working, siri was absent etc....

What worked for me was to turn off noise cancellation under General - Accessibility. Mine was not even showing up, but I turned on hearing aid compatibility and it told me you can only have one or the other so i assume it turned off noise cancellation. Soft reset by power and volume down and everything works again.... for how long who knows?

Jan 14, 2019 5:21 AM in response to Ahtsham_sham

Same issue: iPhone 7+, no audio device found after installing software update 12.1.2 - can't hear or record audio on calls, voice memos, nor via connecting to an audio device via lightning. It seems to be obviously a device driver issue - it affects 3 different audio busses on my phone, and as with other posters above, happened after the latest software update. Apple support said it sounded like a bug.

Also, at the same time I had issues appear with photos - camera freezes on IG and iPhone Camera, video not initialising, audio not recording on video. It would be a great coincidence if these myriad devices all failed physically at once.

Factory reset didn't help. I have a genius bar appointment tomorrow, I imagine this will be a waste of time. I imagine the only solution will be awaiting software update.

Jan 14, 2019 7:42 AM in response to Ahtsham_sham

I had purchased an Iphone 7 for my daughter who keeps in excellent condition. After the latest update, she cannot make calls or hear the caller. The speaker button is also greyed out along with the voice memo stating no audio device can be found. I took it to the Apple genius bar and after passing a diagnostic test, the technician told me that it was the mic. They offered me $250 buyback since it was in excellent condition but wanted to charge me $319 for "new" iphone 7. They also stated that if I had the Applecare, it would be an easy swap. Why should I have to pay for a new phone if the update was the cause of this? An update provided by Apple to improve the phone. I have been a loyal Apple customer for years, but I was very disappointed in the way Apple is handling this. I have read were Apple was taking care of its customers when the issue was presented, now they are making people buy phones and pay for a mistake the company made.

Iphone 7 plus No Audio Device Found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.