Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“awdd” means what? Analytics

I am asking a simple question. Console does not report all logged events after Apple installations under “About my Mac“ consist of multiple logging of additional information. No, I am unable to control what is sent to Apple by opting out of Analytics. Any violation of Apple’ terms of use gives them “universal access to your information“. Is that not true?

iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.2.1, null

Posted on Oct 20, 2018 3:29 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Oct 20, 2018 3:47 PM in response to Comet.24206

Comet.24206 wrote:

Any violation of Apple’ terms of use gives them “universal access to your information“. Is that not true?

Here is Apple's privacy policy:

Legal - Privacy Policy - Apple

See this paragraph for information on how to see exactly what information Apple has stored:

Access to Personal Information

You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by signing in to your Apple ID account page. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Apple is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier. Online tools for the exercise of access, correction, or deletion requests are available on a regional basis by signing in to privacy.apple.com. Where the online tool is not currently available for access requests in your region, a request may be made directly to apple.com/legal/privacy/contact.

“awdd” means what? Analytics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.