Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X USB music issues

i have had my iPhone X for a few months now and it used to play music through a USB in my car just fine. All of sudden though my car will show that it’s playing the music however the sound only comes out of my iPhone.

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 11:23 AM

You can check to see what output you are using for music, and should be able to select the vehicle. When you play music, bring up the screen for the single song you are listening to. At the bottom of the screen tap on the small pyramid with the circles radiating from it. That should bring up a page for you to select output devices. If the phone is connecting to the vehicle, it should show there. Otherwise, you may need to check with your vehicle dealer to see if their audio set is compatible with the latest iOS update.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2018 11:23 AM in response to sophieo231

You can check to see what output you are using for music, and should be able to select the vehicle. When you play music, bring up the screen for the single song you are listening to. At the bottom of the screen tap on the small pyramid with the circles radiating from it. That should bring up a page for you to select output devices. If the phone is connecting to the vehicle, it should show there. Otherwise, you may need to check with your vehicle dealer to see if their audio set is compatible with the latest iOS update.

iPhone X USB music issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.