Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages not working after upgrade to mojave

From using High Sierra I downloaded Mojave to my iMac (late 2013) and Pages will now not work

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 2:50 PM

26 replies

Oct 30, 2018 10:08 AM in response to African mangoes

I am REALLY ANNOYED by this. There is one feature in Pages '09 that allows a user to "link" to other documents, spreadsheets and pdf files that is not available in Pages 7. I had a very important and large file with many links that has been rendered unusable by this move by Apple to not allow '09 files to open. Thanks Apple ... now what ! I am royally f***ked !!!

Oct 30, 2018 10:53 AM in response to chuckeh

Procrastination has its consequences five years after Apple discontinued the iWork '09 application suite, and failed to provide comparable features in all Pages applications released afterward. Based on Apple's storied past of document format, and application abandonment, you should not be surprised at all that you now have a document migration issue.

Oct 30, 2018 5:07 PM in response to chuckeh

There are a long list of missing features in Pages 7.2 but worse is how it works.

macOS and Apple design are now a User Interface Chinese Laundry Basket. I don't think that Apple's designers read their own User Guidelines, or if they do they simply ignore them because everyone else at Apple has decided that consistency, usability and functionality is for the birds.

This season's Polka Dots and big fat bows are more important than being able to do your work.

Nov 2, 2018 9:12 AM in response to uscsog

That will probably open your documents that were created in Pages 4. However, it is quite likely that many documents won't be the same as the original. Features in those documents that are not in Pages 7 will be ignored.

Still, that is not a solution to the original question - getting Pages 4.3 to work in Mojave.

Nov 13, 2018 3:37 PM in response to mcb1207

mcb1207 and uscsog

You do not understand the original question nor what is going on.

Pages '09 and Pages 7.3 are two entirely different Apps with different functionality.

Pages 7.3 will open and convert Pages '09 documents but will alter them because it is missing functionality that is in Pages '09. Unfortunately Apple no longer supports iWork '09 Apps in Mojave.

pages not working after upgrade to mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.