Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tingling and Electrical Feeling from MacBook Pro

Purchase this macbook for a month and tolerating the tingling and electrical feeling from the macbook thinking is a norm. But this effect is getting so disturbing, goggling around for solution but nothing works. Calling apple support to explain the situation and was told is acceptable by international standard. Then I start to look at the grounding of the cable of the three pin plug and comparing it with the old macbook. That's what I found. No grounding pin ??? This is a norm ? Kidding me apple ?

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 6:41 PM

already feedback to apple but haven't get back to me yet. Hope they aren't expecting me to pay S$28 for that extension cord they selling at apple.com

Just find it so ridiculous. Is such an easy solution but they don't take action.

Similar questions

20 replies

Oct 21, 2018 6:24 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

I just wish to highlight this issue thru' this discussion to make sure all people who purchase this macbook notice this issue and not like me tolerating this tingling effect for months. And thinking that this is a norm that we have to bear with.

I believe I am not the only user that suffer from this. Everyone should be affected as long as they are using the three pin adapter unless apple secretly correct the mistake without letting those affected know about it.

Oct 21, 2018 7:07 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

I have already attached the extension cable and plug into the new USB-C adapter. The tingling and electrical feeling is TOTALLY gone.

Just talked to the apple support in phone and was told to bring this stupid macbook package to the service lab to diagnose on it. Should I waste 3 to 4 hrs at the lab or should I just spend $28 to resolve the mistake made by apple ?

Oct 21, 2018 7:12 PM in response to UnbelievableSS

I told you earlier that the grounded adapter/wire compensates for the misconfigured outlet/building wiring.

I would spend 5 minutes plugging into another outlet in another building with the originally provided equipment. Why have the computer taken apart only to have them tell you there is nothing wrong with it? I would also spend the $28 on a grounded wire/plug if you are going to continue to use the outlet causing the issue.

Tingling and Electrical Feeling from MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.