Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't transfer photos from Android phone to iMac

I can't transfer photos from my Android phone to my iMac.

This used to work. Not sure what changed. Have latest Android File Transfer installed on Mac running 10.13.6.

Am using the USB cable that came with the Samsung phone. Have tried both "File Transfer" and "Photo Transfer" settings on phone. Have restarted phone and computer.

This is as close as I get (photo). User uploaded file

I can't always get to this point. And when I do, I cannot drag the photo images to the computer unless I click "OK" in the top box, and when I click that, the window with the photo files goes away.

Help! I am ready to throw the phone against the wall.

Posted on Oct 21, 2018 11:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2018 5:27 PM

On your phone look for a section in its settings for Pairing or Paired Devices.

On my Mac I get a numbered code to input on my phone, so both devices can see each other.

Once you get the devices paired open Bluetooth File Exchange app in Applications/ Utilities

click on File in the menubar and choose Browse Device, a window will pop up with an overview of your phone, select the folder with the images on it and drag them over to your Mac.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2018 5:27 PM in response to JustPlainSylviaW

On your phone look for a section in its settings for Pairing or Paired Devices.

On my Mac I get a numbered code to input on my phone, so both devices can see each other.

Once you get the devices paired open Bluetooth File Exchange app in Applications/ Utilities

click on File in the menubar and choose Browse Device, a window will pop up with an overview of your phone, select the folder with the images on it and drag them over to your Mac.

Oct 22, 2018 5:25 PM in response to Eau Rouge

So, final thoughts: Many thanks to Eau Rouge for Bluetooth support. I also want to give credit to a Verizon Chat support staffer named Crystal, who spent a long time online working with me on Android File Transfer and Bluetooth to get to success.

What I've learned for my situation, in case it helps others:

Android File Transfer did not work, even though I ejected all other devices from the Mac and tried several USB ports.

Bluetooth did work. I unpaired all devices from the phone, then re-paired only the Mac. Even though the Mac dialog window said the phone was not connected (screenshot below), Eau's progression above worked. The key was to choose only the phone's "DCIM" folder (not the "Camera" folder or any individual JPG files). Clicked DCIM and dragged to the Mac. Done.

User uploaded file

Can't transfer photos from Android phone to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.