Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't insert pdf into pages

For years I have been insert a pdf from Preview into a Pages document by dragging the page from thumbnail view into a pages document. Now it won't work. I get a message that says "The file “Executive Team Minutes 10-23-18 (dragged).pdf” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." I thought maybe dragging it was the problem soI tried doing insert from the menu and that doesn't work either with a multi page pdf. The only way around it is if I save each page of the pdf into its own file and then insert from the menu. This is very laborious. It all changed when I updated to Mojave. Using MacBook Pro mid-2014 2.6GHz 8GB Ram. All software is up to date from the app store.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have a fix? Apple??

Thanks,

Chad

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 23, 2018 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2018 12:23 PM

You must have encountered Mojave, and Apple's willingness to change stuff. Drag a single PDF thumbnail from Preview to the Desktop, and then drag that onto your Pages document.

Similar questions

2 replies

can't insert pdf into pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.