Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newly downloaded Legacy java will not install after Mojave update. How can I correct this?

Upgrade to Mojave lost my ability to use Photoshop and InDesign. I live in a rural location with an unpredictable connection so any cloud based programs are at best unreliable to use for working. Most software downloads and updates have to occur when I am in a city near a reliable connection as this is not anticipated to change here for some years to come.

The Apple support page suggests I can follow a download link and then install legacy java 6 to overcome this. It appears to download fine and also seems to complete the installation process but does not appear to have actually installed despite several attempts and reboots.

iOS 10.1

Posted on Oct 24, 2018 12:55 PM

10 replies

Oct 24, 2018 2:35 PM in response to Kappy

That link and the download it leads to is what I was being offered by Apple as a suggested fix when I tried opening Photoshop and it is what is not working. Hence my original question.

It sounds like what you are saying, if I merge your two answers, is that Apple is not offering an actual solution that can work for me and I am simply out of luck? I can't do anything about needing to live in and work from a rural location. Thanks though.

Newly downloaded Legacy java will not install after Mojave update. How can I correct this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.