Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to sign into Apple ID in settings

I am not capable of using my Apple ID account because it waits for a few seconds and kicks me back to the settings screen. I know it is not the wrong password as I have tried other passwords and they give me a incorrect password message. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Posted on Oct 24, 2018 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2018 3:16 PM

Try on your computer, either enter the password you think is correct or say you forgot, see what happens and if this corrects your issue.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

2 replies

Oct 24, 2018 3:15 PM in response to Cadethemann

Cadethemann wrote:

I am not capable of using my Apple ID account because it waits for a few seconds and kicks me back to the settings screen. I know it is not the wrong password as I have tried other passwords and they give me a incorrect password message. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Yesterday Apple was having some issues with their servers, affecting many services. I ran into what you're describing last night because of this. It appears as though Apple fixed whatever the issue was, but maybe there are some residual problems? (I was finally able to log in late last night)

Do you have other iOS devices or a Mac? Are they being prompted to approve you signing into your ID from your iPhone? That's what happened to me, and it took several entries of my password before it would "stick". Even if you don't have other devices to approve, keep trying and eventually it should go through.

You can also try signing in from a computer at www.icloud.com or at Apple ID (https://appleid.apple.com/). Maybe that will kickstart things?

Unable to sign into Apple ID in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.