You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio stuck in master track on garageband

I'm starting a podcast. We recorded the show and wanted to do the intro after recording so we have a better idea what we'd be talking about. I didn't know what I was doing and accidentally dragged our recording into the master track row. Now it's stuck and can't be moved out. Or at least, I don't know how. And I can't hear any of the audio. I then double down in stupidity and dropped our intro music in there so now I have 38 minutes of nothing... Help.

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 25, 2018 9:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2018 7:45 AM

SmallLyons wrote:

accidentally dragged our recording into the master track row. Now it's stuck

select the region(s) in the master track and type ⌘-x to cut them

then select the track in which they should be, press the ReturnKey to set the playhead to the start of the project and type ⌘-v to paste the regions into the proper track.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 26, 2018 7:45 AM in response to SmallLyons

SmallLyons wrote:

accidentally dragged our recording into the master track row. Now it's stuck

select the region(s) in the master track and type ⌘-x to cut them

then select the track in which they should be, press the ReturnKey to set the playhead to the start of the project and type ⌘-v to paste the regions into the proper track.

Audio stuck in master track on garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.