Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro randomly switching users

My MacBook Pro automatically switched to guest user (I don’t know why it should happen that way) but when I tried to switch back to my personal user, I was asked to enter thee administrator’s Name and password but the problem is that I’ve tried since yesterday to unluck this guest user but I Don’t know the user name and password of the guest user so that is it unlucks thenni can swi back to my personal user.

can someone help me please User uploaded file

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone 6s, iOS 12.0.1, On request

Posted on Oct 26, 2018 12:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2018 11:27 AM

You can give these options a try:

Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support

Also you can boot into Recovery Mode (Command + R) and then reset passwords from there as long as you don't have a firmware password set, I think.

5 replies

Oct 26, 2018 12:41 PM in response to dialabrain

Buddy I can’t thank you enough for this helpful information. I try to restart my Mac like you suggested and on the process I saw and option to switch to another user and then I switched to my personal user and that’s how everything turned around to normal again, it was magical and I couldn’t believe it up until now. Thanks so much.

I was almost going crazy and I went to the extent of contacting an Apple help center and a brother called and took everything upon himself but my worries was that some of (if not only) his option(s) was to format everything and reinstall the seria back but which would have caused me many valuable informations. Well I’m happy now and I want to say a big THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN. Ciao 👏👏👏👏👏

MacBook Pro randomly switching users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.