Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave issues

I am having issues with Mojave as follows on a 2015 27" IMAC 3.2 GHz Core i5 8GB:

1. Slow startup 3-5 minutes.

2. Unresponsive apps:

Safari

Chrome

Outlook

Stickies

Itunes

3. Finder CRASH

I used Mojave yesterday successfully but was not impressed with the speed of the OS. I spent 50 minutes this morning trying to just get my computer up and running for the day. I tried to restart from the menu bar, but I had to force quit the above unresponsive apps and then after refreshing the Finder, it just disappeared leaving me with the option of a forced shut down. The restart was slow, but seems to have fixed the app issues.

I will not be upgrading my other macs to Mojave at this time.

WG

iMac, macOS Mojave (10.14), 3.2 GHz Core i5 8GB

Posted on Oct 26, 2018 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2018 7:29 AM

Does this occur for a different user, e.g., Guest? How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac.

Does this occur after starting up in Safe Mode?

Consider the possibility of a third party software conflict. EtreCheck can be used to investigate what is installed.

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 26, 2018 7:33 AM in response to saintwood

The first release of any new macOS operating system is not the performance release, and follow-on updates will deal with bugs and performance issues.

Usually, a slow-a** iMac is due to outdated software, drivers, and if present, anti-virus and so-called Mac cleaner software interference with normal operating system functionality. Some malware can also adversely effect your machine.

To get a handle on that last paragraph, I recommend running EtreCheck, will while preserving your privacy, will give you and us a in-depth look your machine configuration and what is installed on it, including potential malware. Post the Etrecheck results back here.

You might also want to run Malwarebytes to sweep for known malware, which if detected, will offer to remove. Many of us use and recommend Malwarebytes.

Mojave issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.