Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos and iCloud backup

Iphone 6s Plus with 128 g version 12.0.1

I have iCloud back up with 2 tb of storage. To be safe, Under general tab and iPhone storage, I turned on iCloud photos. This was preparing to switch iPhone. A dial showed 1%. I checked my photos icon and my photos were disappearing. I turned on new phone and connected to icloud. Initiall, it showed all photos, then they all stopped showing. The photos were not deleted. From another iPad device I can view my photos. What can I do to see all of my photos on my iPhone?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12.0.1, 128

Posted on Oct 26, 2018 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2018 6:29 AM

Hello Dsfsavid,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are not able to see your photos on your iPhone but can see the photos on your iPad. First, log into www.icloud.com and make sure your photos show up in iCloud. Next, use the steps from the following article:

Get help with missing photos - Apple Support

This article will provide you with steps to help locate your missing photos.

Best Regards.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2018 6:29 AM in response to Dsfdavid

Hello Dsfsavid,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are not able to see your photos on your iPhone but can see the photos on your iPad. First, log into www.icloud.com and make sure your photos show up in iCloud. Next, use the steps from the following article:

Get help with missing photos - Apple Support

This article will provide you with steps to help locate your missing photos.

Best Regards.

Oct 28, 2018 2:20 PM in response to Dsfdavid

Dsfdavid,

Yes, you can restore an iPad backup to your iPhone. The following article has additional information about what happens when you do:

About backups for iOS devices - Apple Support

Can I use my device's backup for another kind of device, like an iPhone backup for an iPad?

While you can restore a device from a backup of another kind of device, like using an iPad backup for an iPhone, certain types of content won't transfer. This content includes photos, Messages and attachments in Messages*, Voice Memos, and apps that aren't compatible with the device that you’re setting up. For example, apps compatible only with iPad won't transfer to your iPhone.

* If your devices use iCloud and Messages in iCloud, your iMessages and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages are automatically stored in iCloud.

Take Care.

Oct 28, 2018 4:17 PM in response to Dsfdavid

Dsfdavid,

Yes, you can restore your iPhone as new and when you sign back into iCloud any content synced with iCloud should sync back to your iPhone. Also, you can redownload your purchases manually using the steps from the following article:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support

Regards.

iCloud photos and iCloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.