Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked MacBook unlock question

I have a 2015 MacBook Pro running OS X 10.12.x (high?) Sierra

my macbook was was out of my possession for a week and I used iCloud to lock the MacBook and make it sound.

Upon retrieval of my my macbook I was greeted with the lock screen. Not familiar with find my MacBook lock screen protocol, from my iPhone I repeatedly tried to used authorization codes from

the iCloud settings and passwords in my iPhone which did not work, obviously.. I did this until it locked me out for 60 minutes...

i restarted my macbook.

I sm greeted with a failed attempt to unlock, type sceen that says, macbook is disabled please wait 60 minutes..

after 60 minutes that clears and it says failed login please try again with no input boxes for a code.

I read this Forum and tried waiting 15... 20... 30... 60... minutes with it at this screen and no change. It is not Frozen like the mouse moves and I can click the options, but the screen won’t budge.

It it is connected to WiFi, I have also connected Ethernet to it.

the options are shutdown, restart and sleep... all three jjstbstart the process over again.

any reboot brings me to wait another 60 minutes, which is followed by please try again with no ability to input a code..

i have erased the macbook book from my iCloud account.. on two devices via the app, and on the desktop webpage for iCloud...

have erased the MacBook from my devices in the settings menu on my iPhone which also erased it from the same place on my iPad...

the icloud did not report that the MacBook very connected to the internet nor had the sound ever alarmed..,

booting the maxbook using alt,

command R, and or alt+command+R, all ring me to a lock and bar screen. (eime lock?) all inputs I can think of result in the bar erasing and staying locked..

speculatively, just prior to the disappearane i MAY, and I mean it’s foggy, may have put a firmware lock on it... and forgot the password maybe... possibly... not 100%...

PLEASE HELP ME.

thank you for staying tuned and trying to help.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Oct 26, 2018 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2018 11:12 AM

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. If you did not purchase it from Apple then you will need to look to the vendor for service or How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

Similar questions

1 reply

Locked MacBook unlock question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.