Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave does not work with Canon printer

Upgraded to Mojave, now Canon PIXMA mx 439 printer does not work. Do I need to downgrade back to High Sierra or what do I need to do to use printer?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Oct 27, 2018 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2018 5:02 PM

I think the choices are downgrade, buy a new printer, or wait for Canon to issue new drivers, which it doesn't look too good for...

Mac OS X Compatibility

User uploaded file

4 replies

Oct 27, 2018 6:13 PM in response to 5316Caroline

It is always important to check with the manufacturers of items to see if they have available drivers for the new operating system before upgrading. The last operating system supported is High Sierra, did you install these drivers when you were on High Sierra, if not it may help to do so, it won't do any harm.

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals /inkjet/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx434.aspx…

Have you tried resetting the printing system, If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device - Apple Support

scroll down the page to resetting the print system.

I have a 10 year old HP printer/ scanner which the drivers have not been updated for about 5 years but it still functions in Mojave. It needed me to remove it from the printer list in System Preferences> Printers & Scanners, restart the Mac and add it back in to that list, and it got full functionality. Try that and see if you can now use your Canon.

Mojave does not work with Canon printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.