Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello! My Exchange contacts not sync with iphone 6s

Hello! I just noticed that all my exchange contacts are missing from my iphone 6s. I re-installed the Exchange account on iphone, but the contacts are still not syncing. How do i fix this issue? Thank you all in advance for your help

iPad, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Oct 28, 2018 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2018 8:58 PM

Hello Chaaminda,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to save new contacts to your Exchange account. First, go on your iPhone to Settings > Contacts and make sure your Exchange account is the only one with Contacts turned on or go to Settings > Contacts > Default Account and make sure your Exchange account is selected if you need to have other accounts sync contacts. Then restart your iPhone as the shut down and start up process is important to keep the iOS software running properly. iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on.

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Best regards.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2018 8:58 PM in response to Chaaminda

Hello Chaaminda,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to save new contacts to your Exchange account. First, go on your iPhone to Settings > Contacts and make sure your Exchange account is the only one with Contacts turned on or go to Settings > Contacts > Default Account and make sure your Exchange account is selected if you need to have other accounts sync contacts. Then restart your iPhone as the shut down and start up process is important to keep the iOS software running properly. iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on.

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Best regards.

Oct 29, 2018 9:11 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Dear Joseph,

Thank you very much for your kind reply. As mentioned in my inquiry, all my exchange contact just disappeared from iphone, Yes, I have followed above recommended action prior to contact the Apple community but haven't had any success. Finally, I managed to recover Contacts by installing Outlook app and copy Contacts to the iphone.

Thank you so much and appreciate your help.

Hello! My Exchange contacts not sync with iphone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.