Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ford Sync3 and IOS 12.01

I read this post and was going to reply there, but it appears as if the thread is closed due to being solved.

Ford Sync 3 USB connection broken with IOS 11.2.5 | Official Apple Support Communities Ford Sync 3 USB connection broken with IOS 11.2.5

Not so fast kimo sabe

I am having my own issue with playing music from IOS 12 via the source screen in sync using the usb cable. Bluetooth has no issue. Car Play has no issue.

I can grab an artist or an album, play a song, but can' t go any further than that. Any attempt to select a new source and the screen is dead or wigging out. Attempt a new search or the back button and the screen wigs out going back and forth between the song that is playing and where you select artist or album or playlist etc.

I can control the songs via the music app on the iphone and sync will respond to that.

Tried resetting Sync, rebooting phone and even re-installing sync 3 with no change. I thought I had tracked it down to a bad usb cable, but then it started happening again with 2 different cables, one an Apple cable, the other an aftermarket cable. Tried both usb ports.

Is this a Sync IOS 12 incompatibility issue or a bad usb hub?

I know I can just use bluetooth, but ...

Ford 2018 F150 Platinum and iPhone Max

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 28, 2018 3:20 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 28, 2018 4:01 PM in response to dnorth12

Here you go, kemo sabe: How to install SYNC® updates to your vehicle | SYNC | Official Ford Owner Site

Pay attention to this instruction:

If you have a 2017 model year SYNC-equipped vehicle or newer, or one of the 2016 and 2015 vehicles listed below, follow the first set of instructions.

• 2016 model year, SYNC-equipped Edge, Escape, Explorer, F-150, Focus, Mustang.
  • 2015 model year, SYNC-equipped Edge, F-150, Focus, Mustang.

Before saying "I said I have a 2018. I don't need to update the software," think on this: the truck is a 2018, meaning it was first produced in 2017. The software installed in it may be much older than that.

Oct 28, 2018 5:46 PM in response to dnorth12

dnorth12 wrote:

Stuart423, thank you for responding. You may not have noted that I did a re-install of Sync3. I did follow those instructions as well.

Not sure that doing another re-install will serve any purpose.

BTW: the truck is brand new, just over 30 days.

Before saying "I said I have a 2018. I don't need to update the software," think on this: the truck is a 2018, meaning it was first produced in 2017. The software installed in it may be much older than that.

When you say "the truck is brand new, just over 30 days" remember that there was some time between when the truck left the assembly line and the time it was delivered to the dealership. And there was some time between when the truck was delivered to the dealership and the time you first test drove it. And back there on the assembly line? There was quite a bit of time between when the stereo was manufactured and delivered to Ford and had its software installed and was put on the assembly line.

Humor me. Do the update.

Ford Sync3 and IOS 12.01

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.