Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube TV app on Apple TV 4K

Does anyone else have a subscription to YouTube TV and use it with their Apple TV 4K?

I have one, and whenever I tune to a channel or start playback of a video, it always comes up with a video quality of "Auto (240p)" and I have to manually change it to 1080p or 720p every time.

I've done Google searches for Apple TV 4K and YouTube TV and haven't been able to find anything on it. YouTube TV's tech people are looking at it, but are wondering if it's possibly an Apple TV 4K issue. I can't imagine it is, because literally every other streaming service I've tried (free trials are good for trying to find out which service is best) has not had this particular issue. Anyone else experience this?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Oct 29, 2018 4:31 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 7, 2018 1:06 PM in response to jgianoli

After doing additional research, it appears to be a an ongoing issue with YTTV and Apple TV, that really has no solution in sight. Apparently if you wait long enough, it will eventually adjust the resolution on its own, but I don't feel like "live with it for 10 minutes and it'll get better" is a viable solution.

I chose to sell my Apple TV and use the proceeds to buy a Roku Ultra which works flawlessly with YTTV. The remote is better, too. /shrug

YouTube TV app on Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.