Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nvidia GTX680 and Mojave OS

I recently purchased a Flashed Nvidia GTX680 Video Card for my Mac Pro 5,1 12-core. Card works fine but after updating to Mojave OS I find out there is no update software available from Nvidia for the card to be able to utilize the GPU acceleration built in. Nvidia and Apple are both aware of this and both say updates are coming shortly. In the meantime I basically have a glorified 5770 that can't do anything I purchased it for other than the fact that it is at least compatible to run with Mojave OS.

Make sure to install Latest Nvidia Web Driver before updating to Mojave. This is very important as it is not easy to code it in after the fact. The 680 card will function fine and hopefully they will release the software update soon (Even though the rumor is that Nvidia has already supplied the update to Apple and they are holding on to it for whatever reason)

Mac Pro, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Oct 29, 2018 9:20 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 2, 2018 11:37 AM in response to rsmken

NVIDIA seems to make some great graphics hardware, but they have been very proprietary about releasing Hardware Specifications and programming details to others. So at this writing essentially all the drivers are coming straight from NVIDIA, because no one else can easily understand how to program their Hardware.

They were supposed to be sending fully-tested drivers to Apple for inclusion in releases of MacOS, but that has not been happening properly for all their possible graphics cards. (Thus the need to search for, and in some cases wait for graphics drivers to be posted on their web site.)

Linus Torvalds (the primary mover and shaker behind Linux) publicly referred to the NVIDIA company with an even more torrid than typical string of profanities for these policies.

Nov 12, 2018 2:40 PM in response to rsmken

Same here... GTX 680.. performance is useless after installing Mojave!

It`s quite a while now since Mojave is out and "...there is some debate as to whether Apple, NVIDIA, or both are to blame for the lack of proper drivers"!

As i`m doing professional work, it seems i have to go through all the hassle and "downgrade" to a proper working High Sierra!

Is it possible for Apple to respond given the situation?? Seems they don`t care. Thank you.

Nov 12, 2018 2:53 PM in response to Pianomuckl

Is it possible for Apple to respond given the situation??

This is a User-to-User Support Community. Apple is not here.

if you need a response from Apple, Inc, you would have to contact them directly and ask directly for what you want. They do not troll the forums looking for possible "issues". They never make ANY public statements here in the forums. No one who posts in these forums is authorized to speak on behalf of Apple, Inc.

Seems they don`t care.

Since they are not here, and they never respond here, your assumption is not based on good information.

Nvidia GTX680 and Mojave OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.