Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send iCloud mail from any of my iCloud account

I’ve tested on an iPhone X in an iPad Pro 10.5 inch, one running iOS 12.0.1 in the other is running iOS 12.1. Every Time I tried to send an email message out to any other email provider “other contacts” it always fails to send with the error “ The connection to the outgoing server “p46-smtp.mail.me.com” failed.”

Troubleshooting that I’ve already tried and Did not word.

I have deleted my iCloud account from the Settings app and re-sign in.

I’ve tried a VPN where the server is located in a different state.

I’ve updated to iOS 12.1

I tried on cellular only

I’ve tried a different iCloud account with a different email both on the same family account.

Here’s a screenshot showing the error

https://ibb.co/iST9L0

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 12.1, Photos showing the error

Posted on Oct 30, 2018 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2018 2:09 PM

Seems everyone having the same issue. Services status page is useless cause its been showing all services in the green the entire day! On my end it's not a device or ISP issue. Even using iCloud.com mail still doesn't go out. Frustrating when you have a full outbox with important messages needing to go! Fortunately gmail is up and running and ***** to think I can no longer rely on my .mac, .me, .icloud to be there when I need them. Any info/update from Apple would be greatly appreciated!

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2018 2:09 PM in response to Jackiam

Seems everyone having the same issue. Services status page is useless cause its been showing all services in the green the entire day! On my end it's not a device or ISP issue. Even using iCloud.com mail still doesn't go out. Frustrating when you have a full outbox with important messages needing to go! Fortunately gmail is up and running and ***** to think I can no longer rely on my .mac, .me, .icloud to be there when I need them. Any info/update from Apple would be greatly appreciated!

Oct 31, 2018 9:19 AM in response to Jackiam

I'm still having problems today.

Yes, by that link, all the green lights are on, and so is the connection on my end, it shows green, but every time I hit send, it stops and gives me the same SMPT error message. And I haven't done anything nor changed anything, everything is still the same as it was last week.

Not going to have time to call Apple today, I may try tomorrow, but hopefully it gets fixed today while I am busy

Thanks

Cannot send iCloud mail from any of my iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.