Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your payment method was declined

Hi,

today on my phone it appeared a problem with billing. But i not bay nothing.

when i want to install one app from app store, for exemple instagram, it appeared „Verification Required - Tap Continue and sign in to wiew billing information”. i write my id and click continue. the next window it appared „account settings” when i enter my credit card data and when i tap „Done”, it appearead window „Your payment method was declined. please click Billing Info and update your payment information. If you cancel you ay not be able to buy until this billing issue has been resolved”

i tap the corect data from my credit card, and i don't know wht to do.

thank you in advance

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Oct 31, 2018 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2018 2:14 PM

A “payment declined” message means that the issuer of the credit or debit card you have on file in your iTunes account rejected a charge or account confirmation. It is not an Apple problem; Apple is just passing through the message from your issuer. There are a number of reasons the charge or verification might be declined:

1. Insufficient balance or account in arrears
  2. Account suspended for suspected fraud (not necessarily by you)
  3. Error in card number
  4. Wrong expiration date
  5. Wrong security (CCV) code
  6. Address in your iTunes account does not match exactly the billing address for the card
  7. The card was not issued in the country of the iTunes store

If you are sure that none of these apply to you then contact the card issuer to find out why they refused it.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2018 2:14 PM in response to l_victor1

A “payment declined” message means that the issuer of the credit or debit card you have on file in your iTunes account rejected a charge or account confirmation. It is not an Apple problem; Apple is just passing through the message from your issuer. There are a number of reasons the charge or verification might be declined:

1. Insufficient balance or account in arrears
  2. Account suspended for suspected fraud (not necessarily by you)
  3. Error in card number
  4. Wrong expiration date
  5. Wrong security (CCV) code
  6. Address in your iTunes account does not match exactly the billing address for the card
  7. The card was not issued in the country of the iTunes store

If you are sure that none of these apply to you then contact the card issuer to find out why they refused it.

Your payment method was declined

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.