Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attaching photos to existing text messages/threads

after I recently upgraded the OS for my iPhone 6, I am no longer able to select and attach photos to existing text messages. When I click the camera feature, all I can do is take a new pic and attach it but I can select from my existing set of pics. Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted on Oct 31, 2018 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2018 9:21 AM

Tap the Apps icon to bring up the row of apps. The Photos app should be all the way to the left. Tap that and you can select from your existing photos.

Not very intuitive if you ask me. Not sure why that changed.

6 replies

Oct 31, 2018 3:57 PM in response to Jugumart

Jugumart wrote:

after I recently upgraded the OS for my iPhone 6, I am no longer able to select and attach photos to existing text messages. When I click the camera feature, all I can do is take a new pic and attach it but I can select from my existing set of pics. Any help would be much appreciated.

After you click on the camera icon in message, you can select photos from your library, by clicking on the icon at the very top left, it will open your photos.

Attaching photos to existing text messages/threads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.