Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I being asked to pay for MacOS Server again

I just erased a High Sierra server and did a clean install of Mojave. When I attempt to download it from the app store, I am being asked to pay for it. My other High Sierra Server Mac sees it as an incompatible download. What can I do. I do not want to pay $20 for software that seems to be widely reviled.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Oct 31, 2018 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2018 5:19 PM

So, I tried downloading the Lion server. Got the message when I started it that I needed to upgrade to the latest version, and I when I give it permission to search the apple store, it says App not available. This app is currently not available in your country or region.

1 reply

Why am I being asked to pay for MacOS Server again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.