Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn’t the weather app on my XR have animations. I’ve check that reduce motion isn’t switched on and re-downloaded the app. Nothing seems to help. Any suggestions please?

Weather app not showing animations on new XR

Posted on Nov 1, 2018 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2018 3:08 PM

Hi mathewfromparis,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're not seeing animations in your Weather app.

Reinstalling the app was a great step, as was making sure that Reduce Motion is off. Are you seeing no animation for all locations you have set in your Weather app? If you only have one added, try adding a few to test.

Do you have your device in Low Power Mode? There's a possibility that this is affecting your animations based on the information from the article titled Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone

To turn Low Power Mode on or off, go to Settings > Battery. You can also turn Low Power Mode on and off from Control Center. Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then select Low Power Mode to add it to Control Center.

When Low Power Mode is on, your iPhone will last longer before you need to charge it, but some features might take longer to update or complete. Also, some tasks might not work until you turn off Low Power Mode, or until you charge your iPhone to 80% or higher.

Low Power Mode reduces or affects these features:

• Email fetch
  • "Hey Siri"
  • Background app refresh
  • Automatic downloads
  • Some visual effects
  • Auto-Lock (defaults to 30 seconds)
  • iCloud Photo Library (temporarily paused)

If Low Power Mode is not on, or if the issue persists, try to Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and then test again:

Restart your iPhone X or later

1. Press and hold the Side button and either volume button until the slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.*
  3. After your device turns off, press and hold the Side button again until you see the Apple logo.

Have you also verified that your iOS software is up-to-date? You'd want to be running iOS 12.1, and you can verify that under Settings > General > About. If you need to update, you can use these links to learn How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2018 3:08 PM in response to mathewfromparis

Hi mathewfromparis,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're not seeing animations in your Weather app.

Reinstalling the app was a great step, as was making sure that Reduce Motion is off. Are you seeing no animation for all locations you have set in your Weather app? If you only have one added, try adding a few to test.

Do you have your device in Low Power Mode? There's a possibility that this is affecting your animations based on the information from the article titled Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone

To turn Low Power Mode on or off, go to Settings > Battery. You can also turn Low Power Mode on and off from Control Center. Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then select Low Power Mode to add it to Control Center.

When Low Power Mode is on, your iPhone will last longer before you need to charge it, but some features might take longer to update or complete. Also, some tasks might not work until you turn off Low Power Mode, or until you charge your iPhone to 80% or higher.

Low Power Mode reduces or affects these features:

• Email fetch
  • "Hey Siri"
  • Background app refresh
  • Automatic downloads
  • Some visual effects
  • Auto-Lock (defaults to 30 seconds)
  • iCloud Photo Library (temporarily paused)

If Low Power Mode is not on, or if the issue persists, try to Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and then test again:

Restart your iPhone X or later

1. Press and hold the Side button and either volume button until the slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.*
  3. After your device turns off, press and hold the Side button again until you see the Apple logo.

Have you also verified that your iOS software is up-to-date? You'd want to be running iOS 12.1, and you can verify that under Settings > General > About. If you need to update, you can use these links to learn How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards.

Why doesn’t the weather app on my XR have animations. I’ve check that reduce motion isn’t switched on and re-downloaded the app. Nothing seems to help. Any suggestions please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.